Tribute for: David R. Young
Dates of Service:
Hired: 1–6–93 End of Watch- 5–3–07
Died from injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash while attempting to stop a reckless driver.
- Always Smiling
- His love for family
His love for God and his family and fairness in dealing with the community.
Patrolman, Traffic Officer, Diver, Negotiator, Firearms Instructor
- Donna Young McDaniel- Spouse
- Aimee Wood- Daughter
- David James Young- Son
- Kenneth Young- Father
- Ann Young- Mother
- Donna Brown- Sister
He was a man of integrity. Joking and having fun was one of his priorities in life. He had a contagious laugh and when he smiled, everyone around smiled with him. He was tender-hearted and would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help you. He had a booming voice even when speaking softly. It was said that God had given him an internal microphone. He was an inspiration to others to be the best they could be. He was a loving and caring person who made an impact on everyone he met.
Middle Tennessee and South Alabama
- Livingston Elementary School
- Mobile City Schools
- Scottsboro High School
- Emmanuel Baptist College
Air Force- 1981- 2003
- Leukemia Light the Night Walk
- American Heart Association
- “The Great Race”
- FLW Bass Tournament
- Trail of Tears Motorcycle Ride and Tribute
- “Top Gun” (Academy Class Top Firearms Award)
- Purple Heart
- Life Saving Medal
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Lipscomb Leadership Award
- Chief’s Distinguished Service Medal
- Numerous Certificates of Commendation.