Tribute for: Doys E. Whitehead
Dates of Service
- Hired 2–25–87 as Jailer for the City of Florence Police Department.
- Hired 8–19–89 as a full time Police Officer with the City of Florence Police Department.
- End of Watch 6–20–91- Died from complications with injuries sustained in a car wreck while responding to a call on-duty.
Being a wise man, lived his life with a “common sense” attitude.
Being very mature and an all around “Squared Away” Officer.
- Bille J. Whitehead- Wife
- William E. Whitehead- Son
- Donald W. Whitehead- Son
- Tonya L. Whitehead- Daughter
Favorite Quote: “As long as the horse is willing to go to the water, you can lead it.”
- Coffee High School- Left in the 10th grade to join the US NAVY.
- Completed his GED while in the US NAVY.
Served in the US NAVY for 10 years (Vietnam Veteran).
Served as an evangelical Freewill Baptist Preacher in the Southern Baptist State Line Conference.
National Defense Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal
Was a carpenter by trade and worked at a variety of constuction companies, owning his own business before being hired by the City of Florence.
Hunting, Fishing, Boating